Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!
It’s the most GREEN day of the year! No matter where you are in the world, people love to celebrate the Irish holiday. Which leaves a great question….what is the meaning behind Saint Patrick’s Day? Well our friends over at Wikipedia have it all for us!
Saint Patrick's Day, or the Feast of Saint Patrick (Irish: LaFheile Padraig "the Day of the Festival of Patrick"), is a cultural and religious celebration held on 17 March, the traditional death date of Saint Patrick (c. AD 385-461), the foremost patron saint of Ireland.
For more information on Saint Patrick's Day, check out the full Wikipedia description at:
Saint Patrick’s Day is a huge celebration in the Americas, and ESPECIALLY in Houston, Texas! With so many parades, events, and music festivals going on, this day is made extra special! Check out below for some amazing ideas that you can participate in at home, or in and around Houston!
· Houston’s 60TH Annual St Patrick’s Day Parade! -Houston's parade has historically been one of the largest in the U.S. and each year includes over 100 entries to delight the Irish and Irish-at-heart. The Houston St. Patrick’s Parade is a free, all ages event, held each year the Saturday before St. Patrick’s Day. This year’s parade will take place on March 16th at 12 Noon, and lasts two hours.
For more information on the parade routes, parking, etc, please visit their website at: http://hsppc.org/
· St Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl Benefiting The Parade! - Downtown is the most walk-able crawl-able neighborhood in Houston one of the most bar dense in the South. If your goal is to check out a few bars each with their own parties, there is no other place to do it. And with a pub crawl there is no better way to do it! The best part, the crawl starts directly after the parade ends, and all of the proceeds go to the HSPPC non-profit that hosts the parade! For more information, please visit their website at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/st-patricks-day-pub-crawl-proceeds-benefit-parade-tickets-56542420903?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
· St Patrick’s Day Festival 2019! - When Sunday Funday meets St. Patrick's Day!
The largest St. Patrick's Day Festival is at both Lucky's Pub Locations!
And check out The 2nd Annual World Famous Leprechaun Drop! and the official tapping of The Green Keg Saturday March 16th!
94.5 THE BUZZ, Lucky's Pub, and AWE Productions are proud to announce St. Patrick's Day Festival 2019. This year's festival will be even bigger and better than last year; we are closing down the streets to have the largest St. Patrick's Day Party around! For more information on this amazing festival, check out their website at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/st-patricks-day-festival-2019-downtown-tickets-54951196508?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
· If staying home and enjoying a yummy Irish dinner sounds better, then check out this awesome recipe for Cornbeef and Cabbage! https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/a6232/corned-beef-cabbage-potatoes-2505/
· What about a day spent listening to your favorite Irish tunes? - This list includes 20 Irish songs that are sure to put you in the St Patrick’s Day spirit! https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/a26216594/best-irish-songs-st-patricks-day/
· Last (But Definitely Not Least) – WEAR YOUR GREEN!! – The best part of Saint Patrick’s Day, is that EVERYTHING is green! Take it all out! Green pants? Green shirts? Green boots? Green scarves, headbands, jewelry, and belts, whatever you have that is green, WEAR IT!!
From all of us at Creekside Risk Management, here’s wishing you all a Happy (And Safe) St. Patrick’s Day, with whatever you choose to do!